Do you give a warranty?

No warranties are given or implied on used vehicles and equipment. We do welcome inspections prior to delivery to ensure vehicles and equipment are in a satisfactory condition.

Can you arrange shipping?

Our team can handle the shipping of equipment. This would include arranging the freight, documentation, and export licences. Current shipping prices are volatile and subject to change.

Please note, all our prices are quoted ex. Works

Do I need to pay VAT?

This will depend on what type of customer you are; If you are a UK customer, VAT will be chargeable at the prevailing rate. If you are not a UK customer and L Jackson & Co arranges the shipping, you will not be charged VAT If you are arranging you own shipping outside of the UK you will not need to pay VAT. However, we will need your freight forwarder to provide us with written confirmation that they will give us a copy of the bill of lading/CMR/Certificate of Shipment. If we do not receive a satisfactory copy of this, we will have to charge a 20% surcharge which would be refundable on receipt of a copy of the bill of lading.

If you are unsure or have any other questions, please contact us for more information.

Do you accept letter of credit?

Yes, but we require 30% deposit by transfer with the order. 70% balance payable by Letter of Credit providing that it is;

  • Confirmed
  • Irrevocable
  • Payable at sight of shipping documents
  • At the counters of a major UK Bank
  • Allows for partial shipment
Do I need an export licence?

All military goods require an export licence prior to shipment. Export licence applications generally take between 3-6 weeks to be processed an approved. Please go to our separate page for more information on Export Licences

Do you rent vehicles?

Yes, we can offer long/short term hire of vehicles and equipment to film production studios. Please call for more information.

Do you store vehicles and equipment?

Yes, we have a 65 acre site with over 200,000sqft of warehousing and secure outside storage. Please contact us directly if you wish to enquire.

Are vehicles registered?

All surplus military vehicles are not registered in the UK but are supplied with military release chassis papers required for registration in country.