EXPORT licensing information

Exports sales make up over 90-95% of our core business and as such we are well versed in the processes involved in the shipping of vehicles and equipment round the world.

It is necessary for most exports to require an Export Licence as issued by DIT (Department for Business, Innovation & Skills).

In particular it is necessary for customers purchasing ex. military vehicles to apply for an export licence being specific to the items being exported if the items are being exported from the U.K.

Introduction to licensing

Introduction to Licensing - Video Release from DIT

The video below has been produced by DIT to aid customer’s in understanding how important it is to have the correct export licence (where applicable) for Surplus Military Vehicles and Equipment.


Goods listed on our website as “NLR - No Licence Required are either civilian machines or have been deemed by DIT as not requiring a licence by virtue of having submitted either a rating or an application for a licence.

Any surplus military vehicle which is considered to be “Specially Designed for Military Use” must be shipped on a “Standard Individual Export Licence (SIEL)”.

Firstly when applying for an export licence, customers need to complete what is called an End User Agreement, a copy of which can be downloaded using one of the links below and which incorporates a checklist to aid in it’s completion.

Once that has been completed simply submit it back to our office on letterheaded paper (if available) if we are applying for the licence on your behalf or submit it to DIT if you are applying independently for the licence using the spire system.

Export licence applications generally take between 3-6 weeks to be processed and approved.

Important Notice

Some countries are under an EU embargo and as such will not be granted an export licence unless it can be proven that the vehicles are for Humanitarian Aid Support e.g. UN Aid Work.

For more information on EU Embargoed Countries..... Go To The DIT Website

DIT (Department for Business, Innovation & Skills)

Vehicles purchased and exported from the UK to another country may require an export license if the vehicle is to be re-exported from that country.